Sunday, March 2, 2014

Stop Motion Animation of Falling



I had some fun with this project though it definitely had obstacles. The first obstacle was coming up with an idea that was realistic to achieve but not too boring. Once I figured that out, I used my DSLR to take pictures. The animation is about a lid of a Pringles' can. I dropped the lid and recorded it and observed it using Tracker. Next I did some trial runs by photographing it, and looking at the photos on my computer. I made 3 runs before settling on the last and final take, which I did in one sitting. I used my knowledge of "Fourth Down at Half-Time" and the information from one of the lectures on rolling vs. slipping to figure out the timing. It also took me awhile to get a tripod and figure out lighting. Once I compiled the images, I used Flash to time them properly. In Flash, I had trouble exporting it as an .mov, so I imported it as .swf file into After Effects where I converted it to an .mov. 

No comments:

Post a Comment