Monday, April 7, 2014

Character Animation

Peabuddies







For the stop-motion animation, I collaborated with Edward Clark and Chi-an Yang. I came up with the idea while I was looking around my room. I saw the peas, and thought they would be fun to animate. After, I saw my portable fan and decided the peas would fight the fan.  Eddy and Chi-an approached me and I shared my idea with them. They liked the concept, so we decided to go with it. 




We set up a table in the art building and used two light sources plus the overhead lighting. We used a simple set up for the backdrop, a white sheet. I used my DSLR to take the photos. We didn't have a tripod so I had to be creative with the set up. We planned out the whole thing first using storyboards, and followed them pretty closely. I was in charge of photography for the most part, and monitoring everything overall. Eddy was responsible for animating the peas. However, we each had an equal say for everything. We used photoshop to edit the photos. Editing was a bit tedious at times, because there were some shots where three hands had to be edited out. In the last frame, I left Eddy's hand for fun. Chi-an was in charge of that area. I put the photos together and edited everything in After Effects. Overall, it was a fun project, and it was cool to see the outcome. 





No comments:

Post a Comment